Wednesday, April 13, 2011

You've Got Male!

DATING EXPERIMENT



I am not sure if I am hating being on Chemistry.com or just experiencing growing pains. I really want to like some of these people, but when I read a profile of what is supposed to be an educated person and they write "seeking good engersy" and other spelling errors throughout,...buh-bye. I can't be with someone who overlooks things like basic spelling or who continues to make mistakes in their profile. It says that they just don't care. No matter how good their "engersy".


Another gentlemen put in his profile the following: "I am a glass-is-half-full kind of guy. Not seeking someone who sees the glass as half empty. When my glass starts to get empty, I fill up my glass. Because I believe that a full glass is better than an empty glass." Glass, glass, glass!!! Jesus, I get it! You like glass!


And I am continuing to find that many of these potential boyfriends have lousy pictures. I especially love the pictures of men with their "girlfriends" with the girl's faced hidden, blurry or crossed out in crayon. Who is that? Your wife? Am I supposed to be impressed because you are friends with a woman? Does she know you posted a picture of her being a bridesmaid at a wedding? Or are you just too insecure to be in a picture alone?


But I guess my biggest problem so far is that I really don't want to spend the time meeting any of these people. I just don't have the "engersy". (See what I did there? That's called a comedy call-back.) Seriously though...I am not attracted to any of these people either sexually, intellectually, or emotionally. Well maybe one or two. I know it's only been two days...but I'm getting frustrated. 


The other thing that is making me a bit crazy is that I don't have the ability to pick out my own matches on this service. Chemistry.com pick out my matches for me based on my answers to their questions. Basically, it's a modern day Yente the Matchmaker. "Jeffrey! Oh Jeffrey! Have I got a match for you! He's handsome, he's strong! All right...he's 62!" Pardon the "Fiddler on the Roof" reference, but I'm a musical theatre queen.




Where is the "chemistry" in "Chemistry.com"? I considered quitting, but decided I need to give it more of a chance.


I guess I need to look at my glass as half full. Great! Now I'm doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment