Sunday, June 5, 2011

NYC-4-FLEA MARKETS, "THE SHAGGS" AND "BILLY ELLIOT"

SHABBY CHIC
Went to the 44th Street and 39th Street Flea Markets today. The gorgeous weather brought out many vendors selling their wares. But for some reason, there was an abundance of odd fur items. So of course I had to try them on.
Fur Hat.
 Fur Coat.
 Fur Purse.
 Fur Apron.
Yes. I know fur is terrible. I didn't buy any. Just tried it on so relax.
George's Fabulous New Purchase
 George twirls


SPECIALTY FOOD SHOPS
Among the many things I love about NYC are the specialty food shops. George and I got some halavah at the International Food Market on 9th Avenue.


"THE SHAGGS"


Saw the Playwrights Horizons production "The Shaggs: Philosophy of the World". Not my cup of tea although the tickets were free. The second act was better than the first but I found it difficult to sit through this musical about a sister trio who recorded a bad album.


"BILLY ELLIOT"
I had never seen this show before and boy am I glad I did. What a great show. And these kids are INSANELY talented. The boy who played Billy was an incredible dancer and a great actor. So enjoyable and once again...I wept. I'm such a sap.


Meeting college friends for brunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment