Tuesday, June 7, 2011

NYC-6- A DAY WITH FRIENDS AND BACK TO TO L.A.

LA VIE BOHEME
The weather in New York has been spectacular! For my final full day, I strolled around the city and met several friends. The day started by traveling down to the East Village to join my friend George P. for a delicious breakfast at the Clinton Street Bakery. Incredible!
It was interesting to be back in the East Village and see how it has developed. When I used to go down there in 1985 during my internship from college, it was a dangerous neighborhood littered with needles and crack viles. More than a few times a found myself singing songs from rent.
Being there took me back to my wild days from 1986-1989. The clubs were hopping back then and one of the best was The Saint. I only went there once and I'll never forget it. The inside housed a giant planetarium dome with projected images as the pulsing crowd would dance beneath. That's all I can write here because what happened at the Saint, stayed at the Saint. It's now a bank. See below.
HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN
Met my old pal and fellow Happy Days swing, Jackie, for a little stroll in Columbus Circle and had a blast talking about the show.


DINNER IN CHELSEA
Ate dinner with my buddy Kenny at Rafaella's in Chelsea.


ALADDIN PEEPS IN NYC
Finally went to the bar Industry on 52nd street where I met Aladdin folk - Lance (former Jafar), Paul (Maintenance Choreographer), Sandy (Stage Manager) and Anne (former Ensemble Member). Anne was singing with a few other folks and we had a great great time listening to some amazing singers.


BYE-BYE NEW YORK
So now it's time to say so long New York. After 5 shows, incredible food and reminiscing about my old home, it's time to head back to my life in Los Angeles. I will not let so much time lapse again between visits. But before I go...I still need to hunt down those cold sesame noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment